Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Why Blog???

 I started blogging in 2007. Why, I don't know. My urge comes and goes as you can see by my annual posting history. Its not like I have a lot to contribute to the world and when I got busy or dwelled on certain things I didn't blog at all.


But, lately, I decided to pick up the pace. Its not that I have anything important to say. Its basically because when I cross the bar, I want my grand kids to know what their grandpa Bill was like. I gave the title and IP address to my oldest son who produced all of my grandchildren. 


After some pondering, I remembered how to use the photo uploader, so you dear reader can now see important moments in my life. First is me in the Coast Guard followed by the college era photo of my wife Regina, then a photo of my Dad and me the day before I enlisted in 1967. Next is Regina and I in Virginia in 1974. Next we have a photo of my Father-in-law Vinnie Accardi with his 4 daughters.


 Up next is my son Sean and his S.O.  Kayla followed by Sean and my three Grand Children. After that is a photo of the cutter I served on, the USCGC TAMAROA. The last two are pretty important in my life as well. Mabry Mill on the Virginia, North Carolina border (they made the best pulled pork and buckwheat pancake sandwiches) and finally: the Riverboat Mississippi Queen. Regina and I cruised on her for 8 days in the South touring Civil War battle fields.










At any rate, I decided to Blog more hoping to keep my mind sharp. It is also a nice way of remembering events of the old days. The more I do this, the more I realized I crammed a lot into my 75 year life😄

No comments: