Sunday, April 2, 2023

Advice to those of you are being challenged by your waist size

 I am 75 years old and overweight. If anyone out there is in my predicament, I have one thought for you. See a nutritionist! Over the last couple of years, I have manage to lose 77 pounds. I am aiming to lose another 50. Its really hard so don't let it get out of control.


My nutritionist works out a meal plan for me with a certain percentage of fat, carbs and protein. We started off at 1800 calories a day. Then I hit a plateau. She readjusted it down to 1600 calories. I have a food scale which I use to measure out the quantities. Its a pain. But its working.


The other day, I almost gave in. I haven't had sweets for 4 years. I put in a request for Tootsie Roll pops with my regular Shoprite order which is delivered. They texted me and said they were out. My reaction was, "Thank God", because I knew I shouldn't have them.

No comments: