Monday, April 3, 2023

Canadian Geese are cantankerous!

 I've had a couple of encounters with Canadian geese lately. I don't think they like me. Each morning if the weather permits, I go down to Grassy Point on the Hudson River and just relax. Watch the ships go by, people fish, that sort of thing.


A few days ago, I parked in the pull-off and a goose walked up to the car, looked right at me and honked. It then turned and walked away. And yes, I smiled! Well this morning it was a sunny day in the low 40s so I went there again.


After a short period of serenity, I left. As I pulled on to the road, A goose stepped in front of the car stared at me through the windshield as if I was interrupting its day. It wouldn't move, so I checked for oncoming traffic, saw none so skirted around it. As I left, I wondered if it was the same grumpy goose that I encountered a couple days earlier. It would be fitting because my sister says I'm a grouch. I can be grumpy, but only if I'm aggravated by bureaucratic stupidity.


That was my start for the day.

No comments: