Thursday, February 7, 2013

VOTING IS PRECIOUS for our system of Government!!

All my life, I have been an advocate of the democratic system and our right to vote. When I was young, at age 19, I did something that I now view as a mistake, I registered as an Independent. Back then I was convinced it demonstrated my impartiality, but I believe I have been proven wrong.  But voting really meant something because I was also a member of the U.S. Armed Forces at the time. I helped defend the government and as the oath stated I would defend the constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic.

While I was too young to commit to a party platform or ideal, or so I thought, I still felt it necessary to cast a ballot. These last two elections have convinced me otherwise. Yes, I can vote for anyone in the main election on election day, but as an independent, I could not vote in the primary and thus support a candidate I may have liked. I don't like the way the country is headed now. The Democrats have turned 100% into the entitlement party. They clearly do not believe in the old adage of pulling yourself up by your boot straps. They want the government in everything. Whereas, I believe in limited government. For awhile I thought the Republicans were the answer, but the last two elections they have proved to be a bunch of wuss's. All they are worried about is whether or not they appeal to one voting block or another, not what is right for the country.

So, I went to the Board of Elections in New City today and re-registered as a member of the Conservative Party because, I believe that only conservative values will change this country around. My one Conservative registration will not make a huge difference, but if there are enough of us out there who are fed up with the direction this country is headed, maybe more will go under the conservative banner.  All I know is I feel now like I made a stand or a point or whatever you want to call it.

No comments: