Monday, December 31, 2012

Go Washington Redskins!!

I woke up this morning to news that the Redskins had beaten their arch rival Dallas Cowboys 28-18. Music to my ears since I have been a Redskins fan since 1966, my first year at Roanoke College in Salem,Virginia. We have had some glory years in the 80's and early 90's; but, have had a dry spell for a long time. Well this time two rookies dragged the Redskins over the finish line to the conference championship for the first time since 1999. RGIII and Alfred Morris did it and there are a lot of happy Redskins fans out there now.

A lot of guys at my former job were rabid Giant's fans, they're disappointed I'm sure, but I hope they're happy for me :-)

Hopefully, they will beat the Seattle Sea Hawks next week and move on to the next round. The 'Skins record 10-6 is a lot better than I personally expected. At the start of the season, I was hoping for at least 8-8. Barring injuries we may make a good showing in the playoffs. It makes me wish I had our TV hooked up again. But we have gone for so many years without it that I'm not going to start now.

You know aside from the close knit crew, we had, one other thing I miss is the company issued Blackberry. It was a lot easier to keep track of Redskin scores when I had that. I now have a plain Jane phone that aside from making calls, takes photos and that is about it. I go nuts on Sundays trying to keep track of the scores.

Post Script:

Well we lost to the Seahawks 24-14, third time in the playoffs. Started off promising scored two touchdowns, but RGIII did not look sharp. Kind of reminded me of a hobbled Sonny Jurgenson, Injured again in the 4th quarter and Cousins took over. I am disappointed on the one hand, but we did a lot better for the season than I expected. Division chanps at least. I just hope that the off season will allow RGIII's knee to heal. Otherwise he will have a short career.

Congratulations to the Redskins on a great turnaround season, now we need to just get better, need an improved secondary and definitely smarter use of a rookie quarterback. At this rate the franchise player will break down quickly. 

No comments: