Thursday, September 20, 2007

Mandy Moore

A couple of months back, I stumbled across samples from a CD that I really liked. It turned out to be a former pop tart named Mandy Moore who has blossomed into a terrific singer with a bit of a country flavor.

I had heard the name before but never her music. I really like her latest album "Wild Hope." There's a little bit of Joni Mitchell and Mary Chapin Carpenter in the album. It's good stuff. The odd part is that for the first time I listened to her early music and I thought it was terrible. Wild Hope though is completely different. Her voice has really matured. Try it and see for yourself. You can go on Amazon and look up the album. The site plays samples of the songs. I hope the recording does well enough to keep her going in the country-folk direction.

No comments: