Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Lessons learned, Do Not Hoard

I needed to clear a closet so the plumber can make repairs in a wall. In the process, I realized how much junk we have accumulated over the years.

Please, please take my advice, if you have a house like mine, (no basement, no attic) do not collect anything. No matter how the urge strikes don't hoard. I have been cleaning out this Damn closet for weeks and just keep finding stuff. Today, I found a Marlin 22 Rifle that I fired twice in 50 years. It's a beautiful rifle, but, to avoid temptation, I brought it to the police station and surrendered it for destruction.

I had forgotten, but there was a time when we moved so often we didn't unpack 6 boxes of stuff. Finally, I just threw it out. I don't know what was in them, but we haven't missed anything over the years.

Moreover, twice in the last couple of decades, I helped my sister, Judi, clean out things after our mother and father died. This got me to thinking that I need to start cleaning out things to give my survivors a hand.

But this is a worrisome task. I look at each item reciting yes, no, yes, maybe, etc. I'm throwing out everything I don't need and I'm making sure I don't need a lot.

Well tomorrow's another day to continue this escapade!!!

No comments: