Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Minnie Torkler Chapter coming to a close!! And here they are!!!

I've been working with the publisher of South of the Mountains on doing a story about Minnie Torkler and 1926 Rockland County. Almost done; I spent 3 hours at the library today squinting at unbelievably badly transposed microfiche looking up some final information. It gave me a headache it was so hard to read. I read through the final draft after the editor got to it and I must say I like the final result. I hope our readership enjoys the article.

But we have a priceless piece of history to go along with the story. I found a photo of the two of them (husband Fred and Minnie as well) on a 1924 Passport application courtesy of Ancestry.com

Ancestry .com is such a great site. I use it not only for my own family research but in the capacity of a research volunteer at the Historical Society of Rockland County. It really has become a valuable tool.



....and here is the Steamer Berlin that Fred and Minnie toured the Caribbean with in 1931. Courtesy of the HAPAG Lloyd Lines successor to the North German Lloyd Lines when they took the cruise.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just finished reading the article on Minnie's diary. We live in the her house on Ridge Rd. It was great to read a bit of the history.