Thursday, March 27, 2008

SEARCHING FOR ANOTHER DOG

Though we are not ready for another dog, curiosity got me to looking on the Internet for choices down the road. We need a dog good with kids, cheerful disposition, easily trained, small (12 to 18 pounds) and doesn't shed. I looked at a variety of sites and pretty much concluded that I would want another Minature Rat Terrier.

I looked up Wire Haired Terriers, Fox Terriers, Schnauzers, Pinschers,etc. No other dog could meet the quals that I want. The only bad part is that Rat Terriers easily shed. You can see the hair fly off when you just pet them. But that is just a minor annoyance.

We would try to find one at a shelter first. That's how we got Jack. He was due to be executed the day after we got him. Even though he passed on early, he still lived 6 years longer than he would have had we not found out about him.....

1 comment:

Scott Watkins said...

I'm so sorry too hear about Jack. He looked just like one of my 3 rat terriers in the face.

Rat terriers are awesome dogs! I also rescued all 3 of my dogs, and I'm so glad I did.

Have a great day!
Scott