Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A Long Relaxing Weekend!!

Went to Mystic, Connecticut last weekend, Regina went to needlepoint classes and I read alot and visited the Aquarium. Those Beluga whales are really something. Smart and funny to watch. The trainers can really get them going with all kinds of racket. I purchased a membership at the Aquarium for the two of us. Next time we come it will be at no charge. I'm aiming for this summer.

The only thing that bothered me is that Sunday was Veteran's Day and while my service to the nation was thanked, it was thanked with me wearing the cap of the USS Zuni, I did indeed serve on the physical ship but only when she was the Tamaroa. In other words, people definitely recognized me as a veteran because of a Navy cap. But Coast Guard service on the same vessel rarely got me as many thanks as I received this past weekend. Kind of a disappointment.

No comments: