Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Diana Krall


I must not be with it in the music scene. Not long ago, I saw the movie about Cole Porter with Kevin Kline in it. Diana Krall sang a song in it and I thought she had a great voice. I had never heard of her before the movie. At any rate, months later, I was visiting a web site looking for CD's and up pops an avert for Diana Krall "The Very Best of." Remembering I like her song in the movie and that the CD/DVD was on sale, I figured what the heck and bought it. I was not disappointed. I have to get a couple more of her albums. They're jazz oriented and I get a kick out of the lyrics.


There was one song in particular that I really enjoyed called "Frim Fram Sauce". There is a verse in it that goes:


"I don’t want fish cakes and rye bread

You heard what I said

Waiter please make mine fried

I want the Frim Fram Sauce with the Awsin Fay

With Shefifa on the side."


by (Ricardel,Evans)


Anyway, she actually won three grammys for her Jazz singing. Worth a listen.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Interesting lyrics there... Not sure I understand them, though. And since you're not all that "up on the music scene" as you say, did you know that Queen Latifah has a new jazz/blues type album out? It's called "Trav'lin Light" and from what I've heard it's pretty good.