Sunday, July 24, 2011

Bavarian Manor Vacation


Just returned from our summer vacation at the Bavarian Manor in Purling, NY. in the Catskills. Above is the front porch; really enjoyed it. A nice place to decompress. They had a German restaurant open Thursday through Sunday and the food was delicious. My doctor will probably kill me. I feel like a gained a couple of pounds. It is an old inn first opened in 1865. The present owner has had it in her family for the last three generations.

Below are a few more photos to savor..........

The view from our room-above.


the lake on the property

Potato Pancake appetizer.........Excellent



The inn itself.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The house is just beautiful, as is the area all around it. Is it a B&B or a hotel? I haven't been to the Catskills since I was very little, but I do remember how woodsy and beautiful it was then. You should be just in the prime of leaf changing on Columbus Day.