Tuesday, February 19, 2008

"THE MONEY PIT"

We've been working on the house for what seems like forever. Finally got a new laminated floating floor for the hallway, kitchen and bathroom and wall to wall carpeting for the dining room and living room. We've also repaved the driveway and relandscaped the back yard. Used up most of the money and we haven't done the three bedrooms upstairs yet.

Sometimes I wonder why I bought a house, but when the job is done, it seems worth it. We now have 6 full book cases of books in the living room and we still need more. We may wind up giving some books away. No room for them downstairs at least.

The one positive thing about doing projects like these is the little bonus' that you find while moving stuff around. The other day, I rediscovered an I-Pod wanna be that I lost a few years ago. Now that I'm stuck taking the bus to work every day again, it will come in handy.

No comments: